You Can Make A Difference
Please Select a Donation AMOUNT
By clicking ‘Donate Now’, you agree to let Green Ribbon Group collect and store your personal data for follow-up calls and e-mails to help raise awareness for our on-going projects.
Help by sharing
Funds collected by the Green Ribbon Group will be used for a range of initiatives such as:
- Conducting more outreach programmes in areas where awareness is low.
- Setting up support groups or associations in states where such support is minimal or non-existent. These groups would ideally be based in hospital psychiatric units and be led by users and caregivers.
- Conducting Mental Health First Aid (“MHFA”) training programmes for first responders i.e. those at the first point of contact. MHFA training programmes allow for early detection and intervention as individuals can develop the skills to help those struggling with their mental health.
- Support campaigns and programmes run by stakeholders such as NGOs on an ad-hoc basis.
- Fund studies and scholarships to advance mental health research in Malaysia and the region under the TPIA Grant.
Currently, the Green Ribbon Group is working towards the following initiatives:
In collaboration with the Malaysian Mental Health Association (MMHA), the Green Ribbon Group is channelling seed money towards setting up support groups for those using mental health services and caregivers. These support groups would be in states that currently do not have any, or do not have enough, such as the east coast states of Pahang, Terengganu and Kelantan. It is often in these areas where mental health awareness is low, and stigma and prejudice are high. In an effort to strengthen psychosocial support in communities, these groups would be led by those struggling and caregivers. They could also be based in hospital psychiatric units to help strengthen resources and work alongside mental health professionals.
The Mental Health First Aid (MFHA) training is run by MMHA for any interested adult who is willing to learn how to support those who are developing mental health problems (such as depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation and self-harm, substance abuse and an eating disorder), as well as those experiencing a mental health crisis (such as panic attacks, psychosis, aggressive behaviours, and effects from alcohol and drug abuse). The Green Ribbon Group has always advocated for mental health to be part of our nation’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. For first respondents or those who are the first point of contact such as parents, teachers, nurses and general practitioners, as well as for those who are involved in humanitarian or social work, if you are interested in this course please visit https://mmha.org.my/mental-health-first-aid/ for more information and email us at [email protected]